Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Love Letter

Keep in mind that I wasn't familiar with Charles Dickens' style, though I've read A Christmas Carol:

Dearest Cleopatra,

I reside presently in Rome, awaiting to see your face once more. This separation has made me rather weary, and the days go, nay, they drag by inch by inch, until I can at last board the boat to see you once more. I can only desire that you wish the same in regards to me.
I wait within Caesar's palace, where he tells me that a surprise will be mine if I wait but a little longer before I depart. I cannot tell him that I have no desire for his prize, all I look forward to is the time I can feel your embrace once more. Like three spirits of the past, present, and future urging me on to forego Caesar's request and return to you, I want nothing more to return to my love, Cleopatra, and away with this palace. Though the halls grand, and the wood laced with gold, all seems but dull in comparison to you, my dearest Cleopatra. I eagerly await the day which  I can return to thee.

Yours Truly,
Mark Anthony

P.S. Stay away from asps. Awful creatures those are.

No comments:

Post a Comment